An appropriate bioanalytical technique is required to perform determination of compounds in samples. The determination of the right technique will depend on the molecule's chemical nature, molecular weight and structure. Chromatography techniques are currently used to quantitate small and large molecules, including peptides and proteins.
The chromatographic techniques used in bioanalytical studies at atlanbio include:
- HPLC: available according to a wide range of detection: U.V., fluorescence, electrochemistry
- UFLC (Ultra-Fast Liquid Chromatography)
- LC-MS/MS: a powerful technique used for many applications which has very high sensitivity and specificity
- LC-MS/MS/MS: a powerful technique which has very high sensitivity and specificity, more used for peptides and proteins
- Ionisation sources: ESI, HESI, APCI, APPI
- GC/MS: gas chromatography combined with mass spectrometry with EI or CI ionisation mode
High sample throughput analysis is possible with LC-MS/MS systems and automated sample preparation.